Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Emma Hardie Amazing Face Lift & Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm - Review & Photos (Skincare Investments 1)


You can read about the story behind this skincare investments tag here.

For all those who keep updated with skincare/beauty blogs from the west, you would be well aware of the product I am reviewing today. For those of you who have never heard of this before, the Emma Hardie Amazing Face Lift & Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm (Yes it has got a long name!) is a multi-award winning balm facial cleanser. Balm cleansers are ones which have a solid consistency in the jar, but once you start massaging into the skin it turns into a silky oil and works to take off all traces of makeup whilst thoroughly cleaning skin. So it is more like a makeup remover (eye and face) and a cleanser mixed into one. There are quite a few balm cleansers out there of which the EH one has a cult status amongst beauty bloggers. Today I will be taking you through the benefits my skin has received since using this and whether or not this product is worth all its hype.

The EH cleanser comes in a golden glass jar with a screw on top that feels heavy and luxurious. The product on the inside looks yellowy and has a fresh cirtus scent to it. This is one of the product that I was so darn excited about trying and could not wait for it to arrive at my door step. It reached me one evening and it was immediately used for night-time cleansing.


How I use it?
I scoop a little bit of the product with my fingers, dot my face with it and start massaging the balm around. It immediately turns oily and colour-less and my face looks like I smeared coconut oil all over it albeit non-tacky. I quite enjoy the massaging bit as I work my facial  muscles without tugging at my skin. It is perfectly suitable for removing eye makeup, hence I do the massaging ritual to my eyes as well (If you have had any sort of facial done before you will know how the masseuse goes around your eyes in semi-circles, resting at the temples, thats exactly what I do).

Once done, I wipe my face clean with a muslin cloth soaked in hot water and squeezed out to remove excess water. The removal bit is what I enjoy the most, my entire life i have just splashed my face with water to remove cleanser, so this muslin-cloth ritual gives me a fun feeling, like I am doing something really good for my skin. It does do good things to your skin since the cloth helps exfoliate and remove dead cells to some extent. It is also worth noting that it is a non-foaming cleanser, so no dreadful detergent feeling and it is a natural product, so  no ugly chemicals lurking in there. A total plus!

You can then go in with a second cleanse if you were wearing too much makeup and want to be sure that you have taken all of it out. I decide based on how I feel and how much time I have.

Benefits & Results
Today is probably my 10th day of using this balm and THIS STUFF IS TRULY AMAZING!!! I love it to the point where I look forward to washing face morning and evening. I dont need to use a separate makeup remover, this stuff does it all.

This cleanser has changed my skin dramatically. The balm just feels so luxurious and relaxing on the skin and the result is soft and supple skin that looks loads younger. I have NEVER EVER HAD SUCH SOFT SKIN in my life! I sometimes keep pinching my skin gently just to feel that new found elasticity and bounce! I love this stuff!!!

Worth the hype? OMG Yes it totally is!

Would I re-purchase? Need I answer that?! I would in the blink of an eye.

Price? £34 (Approx Rs 3400). You can buy from here, feelunique is my new obsession and they have free worldwide shipping :O